Monday, November 30, 2015

The Global Family of Christ

Over and over again throughout my life, I have been struck by the beautiful unity of the family of believers in Jesus Christ no matter where we live. When I was a teenager, I went on several missions trips, and that's when I really first experienced the unique oneness that is automatically there when two believers meet for the first time. It didn't matter that we came from completely different cultures or didn't even speak the same language. We were family because we both knew our need of a Saviour and had the precious gift of the Holy Spirit.

It's that unity that has blessed me once again -- this time through my Compassion sponsor child. For the past three years, my family and I have been sponsoring a now 17 year old in Uganda. She is a precious young woman of God who is devoted to the Lord and preaching His Word in the poor agricultural area in which she lives.

I recently received a letter from her; it was her response to my letter informing her of Daniel's death. I had told her last year of his serious illness and asked for prayer. She and her family and friends have been praying for us -- so humbling.



Her response was so encouraging and empathetic. She told me that she and her family will continue to pray for me and my kids as we go on without Daniel, and she wonderfully reminded me that we will all be together in Heaven one day. To see those words written by a teenager across the world were so comforting, and they continue to make me praise God for the hope we have in Him.

Something she said that really impacted me was "our beloved Daniel." Even though we're a world away, because we are one in Christ there is an amazing God-given love and empathy we have for otherwise strangers. I praise God for her and her faithful prayers.

This blog too has been reaching people across the globe. Google tells me from which countries people are reading it. Many in Russia, the Ukraine, throughout Europe, South America, and a few here and there in quite random countries. It is my prayer that those international readers to whom I am otherwise a stranger would be affected by the Holy Spirit through what He has been teaching me in this trial.

May God be glorified.


1 comment:

  1. We Are Living in Integral Global Country Welcome to the site of unity https://unidad4all.com/ This is not my native language but i do not care if write wrong words the only thing i care is that everyone will feel the unity and happiness My purpose is Unite people from all kinds that different outside but…

    ReplyDelete