Saturday, April 15, 2017

Wedding Day!

In just a few short hours, I will have the absolute honour and privilege of joining my life in marriage to my best friend, David. It amazes me how God has prepared David for this unique role -- to marry a widow and raise her children as his own. God has done a work in each of our lives since we met 15 months ago, and He has faithfully and gently knit our hearts together. I am so excited to be married to David! And I am incredibly thankful that my children will have a second father who loves them so much.

I praise God for His faithfulness in my life as He has brought me through so much in the last three years. I have seen His providence in both incredibly tragic suffering and in wonderfully enriching blessing.

Throughout Daniel's cancer, He sustained us.

Throughout Daniel's dying, He upheld us.

Throughout my grieving, He transformed me (and continues to).

Throughout my parenting as a single mom, He taught me.

Throughout my courtship with David, He lavished His grace on us.

Throughout these last few months especially, with the unexpected move coming up and planning for it, as well as my dad going home to Heaven just three weeks ago, God has been merciful, given us wisdom, and has prepared our way. (I am so glad my dad is free from his suffering from Alzheimer's).

And it is my prayer (if you will join me in praying) that throughout my marriage to David, He will bless us so that He will be further glorified.

17 comments:

  1. Blessings on you both and your children on the special day! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God continue to bless you all as you start this new and exciting chapter in your lives!
    Brent ans Sherry Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you and your family. So very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family. So very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, we are excited for you!
    (Was looking for your address and found your blog instead :)

    God bless you from your friends at Naomi's Circle

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you have many blessings in this new chapter of your life. Through it all he has blessed you, but also through it all you have been faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have followed your blog through all this time, I am so happy for you and congratulations. You have been faithful, thank you for your example. May you continue to be blessed by Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! I am touched. Now, I realize that it is very important to thank and appreciate a person timely. I have to thank my husband for being there always. I still remember the day we got married in one of the beautiful Chicago venues. It was special and it still feels new after 10 long years.

    ReplyDelete