Sunday, May 4, 2014

This weekend had it's ups and downs.

Saturday was overall a good day. During my slow morning I spent time in God's Word a lot. Then I had a great visit from my Uncle and Aunt. I ate fairly well, though nausea sometimes kept me from eating. I was up late last night with a short but powerful bout with nausea.  It was so hard and painful, but the nurses were on top of it and I was able to settle in and get a good sleep. The nurses' care was such a great reminder of God's loving care for us. It was He who was using the nurses to help me. 

I wish I could be at church with my family today singing out God's praises in my mind (since I can't use my tongue) and hearing others sing aloud. 

I continue to be blessed with family and friends who have come to visit and pray for me. These are moments I treasure and are priceless (including those times when I was way out of it). 

If anyone wants to visit just text me to arrange a time (FYI: I turn off my phone when I'm sleeping. You should try it too if you don't already, it's great). I hope to be coming home early this week. 

Prayer requests: that God would be glorified, for complete healing, compleat control of my nausea and be able to gain weight back. And that I can come home soon. 

Thank you for praying for me. I am convinced that God is at work in and through all the prayers of many of you. 

I feel so blessed to have such a loving and supportive wife. I daily praise God for her. She works so hard to be a great mother through this hard time, to be there for our precious kids, and works at keeping them feeling safe by keeping routines of the day. 

Thank you for praying, your encouragement, and generous gifts of time, food, gift cards, etc. We feel so loved and supported in this hard time. 

I continue to praise God and thank Him for being in control and taking care of me and my family. 

Have a great Sunday!


2 comments:

  1. April WilliamsonMay 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM

    Praying for a full recovery! You are such an inspiration with your amazing positive attitude. God is faithful and sometimes it's hard to remember that in times of trial, but you and Evelyn are a great example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that smile:)

    ReplyDelete