Wednesday, April 16, 2014

God continues to be faithful

Last night, I had the best sleep in months. The nurses are still working on pain control so I woke up a few times, but with their great help I was able to get back to sleep quickly. 

I just had a great nap. The dietitian woke me up but we had a good talk. We are going to try an all liquid diet that's lactose and Parmesan cheese free. This will start at lunch so no breakfast for me today. I was insistent on them giving me the max amount of calories. I want to win this fight and I need the energy to do that. 

So I'll keep sleeping in between people who come to help. My goal is to have them always have to wake me up. I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. 

A speech therapist will be coming today as well. Everyone here is so helpful. I praise God for the good care He has given me. May God be glorified in and through all this. What a great God we have. I will praise Him no matter what happens. 

Further update from Evelyn:
Josiah had a 100.1 F fever last night. I gave him some Tylenol and he slept well. He got up at 3:45 am and so I checked on him. He was feeling pretty miserable but no fever. This morning, he has a mild fever and had chills during breakfast, so I'm trying to keep my three year old resting -- a losing battle, I know. Kezia is doing fine. 

Please pray that Josiah recovers quickly and is quick to trust me and obey my instructions to help him feel better sooner. Pray that Kezia and I stay healthy. 

Another further update from Daniel (a lot seems to happen while you're trying to write these updates, haha): the PET scan is tomorrow!!! I will be transferred by ambulance like we hoped and prayed. I will find out the appt time soon. Praise God for orchestrating these things so soon. 

Praise God for small blessings. This is my view from my bed:

6 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord! Rest well today Daniel and draw on His strength for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that your scan is tomorrow! I pray you have a rest-full day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good, God is great. You are in His glorious care. We pray for Josiah's return to good health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessed are you to have an appointment so soon. There are only 2 machines in the Vancouver area that do the PET scan. It usually takes weeks for an appointment. Our great God is on the move! I am praying for good results, that this scan shows no metastasis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is good, all the time! Praying always for you four!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying this over you today....
    Lamentation 3:22-24
    The steadfast love of The Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning ; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."

    ReplyDelete